Nsfas online application 2020
How to Apply for NSFAS?
You can apply online: www.nsfas.org.za
If you are Already Registered with NSFAS
How to update your NSFAS account details:
- Login to nsfas.org.za
- Enter your username and password (on the ‘already registered’ tab)
- Click ‘sign in’
- Select ‘My Personal Details’ and delete incorrect cell phone number and replace it with correct one (the same can be done with other incorrect information)
- Click ‘update details’
- A one-time pin (OTP) will be sent to the new cell phone number
- You will be asked to enter and submit the OTP on the NSFAS website once it has been sent to you
- Once this is done, your details are updated
The manual process of changing contact details is still available. This involves emailing a certified copy of an ID book or smart card, along with an affidavit stating that the cell phone number has been changed (the old and new number must be noted), to the following email address: [email protected].
If you are NOT yet Registered with NSFAS
How to create a NSFAS profile:
- Go to nsfas.org.za
- Click on ‘MyNSFAS Account’
- Register and create a profile
Once you have applied to NSFAS, you should wait no longer than a week to have your application acknowledged. If you do not receive acknowledgment of your application, you are requested to call the Toll Free NSFAS call centre (08000 673 27).
How to sign your NBA or SOP?
Students who are funded by NSFAS for the first time are required to sign the NSFAS Bursary Agreement form.
How to sign?
Step 1: You will receive an email with a link to sign online, click on the link to proceed
Step 2: After inserting your ID number, you will receive a One Time Pin (OTP) through an SMS to your registered cell phone number.
Step 3: Type in the received OTP to continue with the signing of the agreement